Sunday, April 10, 2022

happy birthday archie #14


Saturday night was the first birthday party in my new home.
The first time I cooked all day in my new kitchen.
The first time we played lawn darts in the new backyard.
It was all delightful.

Archie turned 14.
I cannot believe I now have 5 teenage grandchildren.
Time is really moving along at a rapid pace!

I thank the Lord every day that He brought Arch to us all the way from China to be a part of our family.
He is tall and handsome.
He studies hard and gets good grades.
He always remembers his manners.
He loves his people!
He is a no-nonsense guy,
a bit of a perfectionist,
and a very good basketball player.

For his birthday dinner he wanted chicken wings,
Grammy's red rice,
Grammy's potato salad,
Broccoli slaw,
 yeast rolls,
and his great-grandmother Gi's sour cream pound cake which Lucy made for me.
To go with the cake I had fresh strawberries and real whipped cream.
The meal was very much appreciated by the birthday boy.

Happy Birthday, Archie!
I love you!
Gram
💙


 

No comments: