Monday, April 4, 2022

HOME




I knew Bubba's heart.
I knew the things he loved and the thing that broke his heart.
I know that as his life was ending here on earth he was compelled to share Jesus with his friends.
He loved his children and his grandchildren with a deep passion.
Those kids even now tell stories of conversations they had with him and things they did together.
They remember him so fondly and miss him greatly.
I know more than anything else how much he loved me.

As I contemplate my life two years after his death,
I know that he would be pleased with where I have landed.
He would love my new HOME.
He would be amazed at how strong I have become and what I have accomplished.
He would be so grateful for his children's guidance 
and all of the help they give me.

HOME is where my heart is.
Half of me is in heaven and the other half is here on earth.
Every day I pray that Jesus will, even so, come quickly.
I'd say goodbye to this evil world in a heartbeat to be with Him.
No more sin, satan, and death.
No more tears.

I want to see Bubba again.
I want to tell him about this place God has given me.
I want to tell him that David is preaching through the gospel of John.
He would be so proud.
I want to tell him that our Arch is turning 14 this week
 and that there will be a big party here at the new house next Saturday.
Somehow, though, I think Bubba knows these things.
That's what eternal life is all about.
I'll love you forever and I'll see you again!!!!
💙







 

No comments: