Wednesday, April 13, 2022

asphalt ~ bagels ~ comcast


There are some days that it would have probably been better if I'd never gotten out of bed.
Yesterday was one of them!

Asphalt
I didn't know this but, supposedly, a few months back
 a trash truck had a hydraulic fluid leak 
causing the asphalt in my area to have to be replaced.
I saw no signs of this and was taken by surprise.
Yesterday morning an army of trucks and other machinery moved in to begin the repairs.
I had gotten a letter from the HOA and did not mark the date
 so all of this took me completely by surprise. 😕
I cannot drive on the new asphalt 
so I have to park my car way off down the street 
and walk a treacherous path through a construction zone to get to my house.
I needed to go to the grocery store this afternoon 
but decided against
because of having to make numerous trips back and forth lugging the full bags to my house.
Annoying and loud and stinky, but I guess (?) needful.
The new black asphalt does look nice though.


That's my house down on the end.

Bagels
I eat one-half of one cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera Bread every morning.
Have been doing this for several years.
I usually buy a dozen at a time and bring them home to put in the freezer.
More often than not, 
when I manage to get to Panera Bread,
 they have already sold out of cinnamon crunch bagels.
S...o my granddaughter, who is a computer wiz, set me up on their App
and taught me how to preorder early in the morning, pay online, and just stop by and pick them up.
It worked like a charm for my first two tries.
Yesterday I placed my order and paid before 6 am.
When I got there at 9:45am they were sold out.
Nobody had bothered to get my order ready.
So, no bagels for me.
After all of the trouble it took to get to my car because of the asphalt I was quite disappointed.

Meltdown
Not me this time. 😏
When I am alone I usually eat dinner around 5 and by 6 I'm ready to start winding down the day.
The reason for this early wind down is that I usually get up way before the sun appears.
I look forward to some computer time, check my phone, read, watch some HGTV.
Yesterday after dinner I discovered that my whole internet system was down.
TV, computer, the whole setup was gone...black screen.
I did my unplugging and plugging back in routine.
Nothing worked.
So...I called Comcast and spent two hours on the phone with a guy who I could barely understand.
From 6:30 until 8:30 he tried every trick up his sleeve.
He finally got my computer back up and running.
My TV is still dead.
I was so exhausted.
I was just getting ready to tell him I couldn't talk anymore when he ended it.
He lined up a tech guy to come here to my house tomorrow to sort it all out.

I went straight to bed after that.
I was shaking all over. It took me a long time to relax.
You know I don't talk on the phone very much. 
It took everything I had left in me.
Yes! 
Yesterday was one of those days that I should never have gotten out of bed.

Hmmm...I'm going to hide the golden egg for our Easter celebration on Sunday.
I think I have found the perfect place.
😀














 

No comments: