Saturday, October 29, 2022

come along to the ocean with me


These old memories keep popping up.
They take me back...way back,
to when Bubba was with me and the grandbabies were tiny...
When we were teaching them to learn to love the beach.
Harry is mesmerized by the water that comes and goes under his feet.
He didn't understand the ways of the ocean yet.
But he keeps going back for more.
(He's a surfer of the waves now)

Our study of the book of James at Hope Bible Church is so hard.
Evidently, I have never grasped the power of Jame's words.
As I wrestle with Mr. Hiebert's Commentary every morning,
I come away exhausted from the mental power it takes to understand the truths contained there.
It is not an easy study, but it is life-changing.

Like Harry and the ocean, 
I don't understand all that the book of James contains.
but I keep going back for more.
The Holy Spirit teaches the Word of God to all who ask Him.
Dig in!!
Read and study God's Word!
It's the best thing I do all day!

"Even so faith, if it has no works,
is dead, being by itself."
James 2:17





 

No comments: