Sunday, October 23, 2022

"one must choose to do it afraid"


This pretty much sums up my life.
The fear, in reality, never really goes away.
The simplest things, 
things you would least expect, cause me to be afraid.

I get courage from this woman.
Elisabath Elliot was the wife of Jim Elliot.
They were missionaries to the Auca/Whodani tribe in the Ecuadorian Jungle.
Jim and four others were speared to death
 by those they went to minister to.
Elisabeth and her daughter later went back to the Auca/Whodani village after Jim's death
 to live among the people who had killed their husband and father.
That took bravery and a deep trust in God.
I am sure many times they had to do their missionary work afraid.

Yes, the fearful ones like me have to choose to do things afraid.
If not I would stop doing things at all.
I can't do that...not yet.

Cathy





 

No comments: