Wednesday, January 25, 2023

countdown to the "Celebration" ~ 4 days


My interesting news.

I wrote to Carnival Cruise Line.
Here is what I asked...

To Whom It May Concern: 

I have been publishing a blog since 2007.
I consider it my personal journal.
I always have a photograph to compliment each post.
It is chatty.
I keep it short, hopefully easily readable.
I tell about things I love,
things that I think are interesting.
I  just spent a whole year chronicling the building of my new home
from groundbreaking to the day I moved in.
Things like that.

I would love to write an article for a travel magazine 
expounding the virtues of a mother-daughter birthday celebration 
onboard your awesome new ship "Celebration."
I'm turning 75 in a few weeks.
What do you think about this idea?

The Senior Manager of Public Relations of Carnival Cruise Line
 got back to me almost immediately.
He was excited and thought it was an excellent proposal.
He has hooked us up with the Cruise Director on the ship for an interview.

I submitted several questions I would like to discuss with him.
The questions are mainly about the ship and its amenities...
things that would interest both the old and the young and entice them to jump aboard.
I want to concentrate on a young woman and an old lady
staying in a tiny room and having the time of their lives.

I am beyond excited.
I'm charging my camera and taking a notebook to write everything down.
We'll see what happens.
🚢
 
*I want to give credit to Mark for helping me with this endeavor.

No comments: