Tuesday, January 10, 2023

taking pictures and writing on a beautiful afternoon ~ my favorite


I'm waiting for the plumber.
His name is Curtis.
He was supposed to be here at one.
Yay, the doorbell just rang.

My hot water heater saga is complete with a good outcome.
Curtis found the problem quickly.
The condensation cut-off valve had been left off and the condensation was dripping out.
He replaced that and NO MORE LEAK!
Luckily I had left a gallon pitcher underneath and had been emptying it.
Thankfully, I found that first full pitcher of water before it overflowed through my ceiling!
No more problems are expected unless we have another deep freeze.
Now. I think I know what to do.

Oh, and he told me to go to Home Depot and buy some covers for my outside faucets.
He said that would protect them from freezing.
Oh, the things I don't know!!!


Only one of my plants that died in the freeze is showing any sign of life.
It's the one in the middle.
Close-up in a minute.
I don't hold out much hope for the geraniums.


I think this one was the hydrangea.
We'll have to wait and see.
Still got a while before the growing season begins.


The little hill outside of my bedroom window is almost gone.
A guy came with a backhoe on a huge flatbed truck a few days ago.
It has taken him two days to get this much done.
Such good black dirt.
There won't be any more Morning Glories to watch this spring.
Neither will there be any more Easter eggs hidden there.
I will miss it!
So will the boys.

















 

No comments: