Wednesday, January 11, 2023

January light in my house


Light takes my breath away.
It does different things in different seasons.
January light is subtle.
It gives hope for longer, warmer days.
It hints at what's coming and makes us remember.

I love the month of January.
It runs at a slower pace.
I can breathe easy again because I made it through one more wild and wonderful holiday season.
No real pressing matters to attend to,
Time to relax,
read a really good book,
take a slow walk,  
enjoy the beach.
No deadlines,
no hassles in stores,
no feasts to prepare.
Just quiet, beautiful, chilly, days and long, cold nights.
Thank you, God, for the month of January.


I have these indoor snowballs.
They are really candles but I never burn them.
I sometimes wish for snow, 
dream of a winter wonderland right here in Savannah. 

The morning sun was coming in shining on my snowballs.
I ran for my camera as I decided on my blog for today.
I named this picture 
"Snowballs Under Glass on Table."
(haha)
But the really interesting thing is to the middle left outside of the glass.
The sun made an image.
It looks like a man with a perfect profile doing the high step in front of the fireplace.
I love what sunlight does!
It makes magic in pictures.


January bed.
Snowy town scene.
My bird keeping watch.


Early afternoon light in my bedroom.

Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
And God saw that the light was good.
Genesis 1:3












 

No comments: