Monday, January 23, 2023

happy birthday david ~ 49


There will be no party this evening.
David managed to teach Sunday school,
 preach his sermon,
 and even eat lunch at Panera with all of us
 before getting home and falling prey to the dreaded stomach virus.
The virus is cruel,
random,
awful.
He is better today but not ready for a party.

Our baby that was born 49 years ago today has almost lived a half-century.
How in the world did that happen?
We will celebrate when he feels better.
Thank You, Lord, for David.

Countdown to the "Celebration" ~ 6 days!

I am home today.
I've been working in the attic putting away my Christmas decorations.
At this point, it seems like a never-ending chore.
My attic is a disaster.
I'm telling myself the truth...
there is no hurry.
I'll have plenty of time to work up there when I get home from the cruise.
🚢


 

No comments: