Monday, January 2, 2023

Happy New Year ~ 2023


Moving right along.
Time doesn't stand still.
Grandkids don't stop growing.
So here we are on the cusp of a brand new year.
What does it hold?
No one knows.
But I know the One who does know and I trust Him unequivocally.


We had Morning Glory Sparklers.
They produced a lot of smoke.
When that smoke combined with the dense fog,
my front yard became a movie set.
So much fun!


Beautiful!


Boys were running through the streets carrying fire and shouting
Happy New Year!


David was in charge of keeping the firesticks coming.
It was a wild and crazy night!




I have no idea what happened here,
but that's me standing in front of my Christmas tree.
My tree did weird things this year.
Very strange.
I took the ornaments off yesterday afternoon.
Erika and the boys came this morning,
took the lights off,
and hauled it to the front yard for the trash to pick up tomorrow.
If they don't take it I will have to go to Plan B.
I don't know what Plan B is yet.
Will let you know what happens.


A neighbor gifted this Edible Arraignment to the Cleland family on New Year's Eve.
This is what was left when the evening was over.
Evidently no one like honeydew melons.

David went to Bella's and brought pizza and a big salad and breadsticks for our New Year's Eve meal. 
Lucy made cookies.
I made coffee.
It was all quite delicious. 
Such a fun evening!
We welcomed the New Year together doing the things we love.

A quick update on the tree that is laying by the street in front of my house...
The trash pick-up was this morning.
They ignored it.
The landscapers came this afternoon.
They ignored it.
That was my plans A and B.
I don't have a plan C.
I can always drag it into the woods behind my house.
Or like Bubba was known to do...
I could burn it.
Hmmm...


Maybe I could drag it across the street and put it in the Dempster-Dumpster.
I'll have to do that in the dead of night though!

Discarded Christmas trees make me so sad.






























 

No comments: