Saturday, December 31, 2022

reflections on 2022


Amanda snapped this shot of me after our Christmas Day celebration.
I was exhausted but in a good way.
The Hollingsworths would be leaving very early the next morning.
I would be living alone again.
Christmas has always been a bit bittersweet.
I never want it to end, but couldn't possibly keep up the pace for another day.

Erika made a canvas of one of my favorite pictures taken this past summer.
We were at Jupiter Inlet by the ocean.
All walking jauntily along, happy as larks.
Amanda took the pic.
 She is not in the photo.
We had the best time on our family vacation and I was remembering.

2022 was a good year filled with blessings from the Lord.
I moved into my new house in February and spent the whole year
happily unpacking boxes and making it beautiful.

God's plans for me are going perfectly as His will ordains.
I am rich spiritually beyond measure.
I have everything I need for life and godliness.
I have been healthy.
I am surrounded by people who love me and take such good care of me.
I cannot think of one thing I am lacking.
I love Hope Bible Church and the brothers and sisters there I call my friends.
I love God's word.
I am thankful for Jesus and for the sacrifice He made for us on the cross.

Thank You, God.
It's all because of You!
You are faithful and good.
You never leave me.
You will never forsake me.
I'm looking forward to heaven.
I think about it every day.
I long for it!
The fulfillment of all of Your promises!


Hopefully, this will be my last "stupid" mistake of 2022.
These WERE Bubba"s geraniums that I had kept thriving for almost three years.
They were my "pride and joy."
I've shared them here many times.

Last week when we were expecting the deep freeze,
I asked Mark if he would put them in the garage for me to keep them from freezing.

That night,
we had the Christmas Eve ~ Eve party and when it was over,
Jake and Eli and I walked out to the Cleland van to say our final goodbyes.
We then walked back into the house,
 finished cleaning up, 
and at some point went to bed.

The next morning I went to open the back door into the garage and noticed that it was unlocked.
Then I noticed that the garage door was up.
We had slept all night with the house completely open.
It was below 20 degrees in the garage.
The flowers were all dead.
Thankfully,
No one stole the three boxes of Hollingsworth gifts that were out there.
I held back tears and chastised my "stupidity."

This morning I cut all of the wilted greenery off.
I put them back outside because it is Spring again and it was raining.
Dare I hope that they will come back?
I'll be watching them closely.
Will let you know.











 

No comments: