Sunday, December 4, 2022

tree saga

🎄

 yesterday afternoon I was elated. 

I was getting ready to put the last string of lights on my tree.

It had gone so well.

I had taken my time and was almost done when it went dark except for the lights at the very top.

I tried every fix but nothing worked.

I can't even describe my dismay.

I was crushed.

undone,

devastated.

I walked away.

Today I have removed the offending strings of lights and practically started over.

There has been much shedding of my beautiful tree.

And to make it all worse,

I still feel rather sickly from my sinus infection and the antibiotic that has laid me low.

Practically speaking, it's my fault.

I used old lights that had been in storage for two years.

I should have bought new ones.

Starting over is hard.

Stringing lights on a tree is hard.

Not having Bubba around is hard.

But God is good all of the time.

I shall not whine and complain. 🎄



No comments: