Saturday, December 17, 2022

i needed some help...


...getting my tree skirt under my tree.
Sadly, I am no longer able to contort myself to make that happen.
So, I told the grandkids that if they would come and work for a few minutes,
I would take them to Cici's Pizza for supper.
They readily agreed.

I took them there last Friday night also.
We dined at Cici's before the Christmas music at Veritas Academy.
I can barely tolerate Cici's all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.
but they LOVE it so much.
 I go to watch them.

We sit at the same table every time.
They call it "our table."
They load up their plates with all kinds of weird pizza slices and bowls of pasta.
They even have dessert pizza which Gus grabbed first last night.
He didn't want to miss out in case they ran out.
They love the "drink" station.
They get huge cups and "mix drinks."
Harry concocted a root beer and ginger ale number that he said tasted like cough syrup.
Nobody even looks at the salad bar.
No interest in that.
When we finished there were fifteen red plastic plates piled up in the middle of the table.
Gluttony!
That's what goes on at Cici's all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. 


Anyway,
the tree skirt got placed neatly under the tree.
Lots of "needle shedding," but I expected that.
That's what brooms are for.
And somewhere in the mix of everything,
Walter ended up wearing one of the tree skirts.
It fit him perfectly!


They also made snow fall on my Christmas house scenes.
My warning...
No wild throwing as in a snowball fight.
Like a beautiful, quiet, lovely, gentle snowfall.
They did a perfect job!
They earned their spot at Cici's all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.
I love them!


I have loved decorating my new home for Christmas.
One more time!
God's grace and mercy.
So thankful.








 

No comments: