Wednesday, December 21, 2022

it's magic


My Christmas begins today...
in however long it takes for Amanda and Mark and Jake and Eli to drive from south Florida.
I've worked hard to get to this place.
Christmas magic doesn't just happen, you have to make it happen.
From Thanksgiving until now everything is a frenzy.
Then you can breathe again,
I am almost ready.

People will gather.
There is food to be prepped and cooked.
Tables to be set with my beautiful china.
Candles to be lit.
Last minute details to be seen too.
I still have a few gifts to wrap,
and another trip to the grocery store.
Things like that,
But when you turn on all of the tiny white lights,
you say to yourself,
It's magic!
It's Christmas!
One more time!
💗


Gifts around the tree.


Moma's antique Santa watching all the magic.
🎅

Bubba's tree-watering apparatus is still in place!









 

No comments: