Sunday, December 11, 2022

it's done


After two weeks and two rounds of antibiotics for an unrelenting sinus infection,
My tree is done!
Possibly I won't take on a project of this magnitude in the future,
especially when the body is weak,
but you never know.
All that matters is that this year, 2022, my Christmas tree is done.
What do you think?
Too many lights?
I think it is perfect and that's all that matters.

I will say this...
there is a whole lifetime of memories hanging on that tree.
My weakened physical state made me super emotional.
Each ornament retrieval brought me back to a special place and time in my life.
From Vail, Colorado to The Coronado Hotel in California, to Washington, DC.
From the arrival of each one of our babies and grandbabies.
From Bubba and my Mom and Dad, and our favorite pets.
They're all there on that shining Frasier Fir.

Thank You, God, for this wonderful life and the beauty of Christmas.
🎄

 

No comments: