Thursday, December 4, 2008

decorating the tree


Sorry about missing some days of blogging. I always have the desire to write, but sometimes the lights are turned out in my head due to tiredness.

I've mentioned before that I never know what I am going to write about until I sit down here at my desk and begin the process. When even then it doesn't come I know that it is time to be to rest.

Lucy and I had a day of shopping this morning. I picked her up, she grabbed her purse, and off we went. We didn't do a lot because I get tired of getting her in and out of the carseat. She is sleeping now, I hope...

We did stop at Hester and Zipperers to look for a planter. She and I enjoyed swinging in the big pine swing for a time and then we went inside where she grabbed my hand and said, "Grammie, it makes me so happy to be here with you." God only knows, sweet little child, how much I love being with you.

We searched diligently for the planter and I was about to give up hope, when there in the corner was just what I was looking for. It was upsidedown and filled with cobwebs, old looking in the way I like. I grabbed it up and asked lucy what she thought; "It's perfect grammie, let's get it."

I told the man at the check out that I wanted to buy it, but I didn't know how much it was.....I surmissed that it was very expensive. He looked at it and said, "You want that? I would never sell anything that looks like that! You can have it!" Music to my ears!

I came home with my prize.....very proud, very proud indeed. It will cradle my basil by the kitchen sink.
lots more to say.....cathy




1 comment:

Cherie said...

I love Lucy's leggings! :)