Monday, December 1, 2008

fresh christmas tree

It smells wonderful....it is nine feet tall and it is beautiful to behold. I am so excited to have our tree in the house, in it's stand filled with water ready to be decorated.

Last year I didn't have a Christmas tree. We were moving back to Savannah from DC into the condo at the beach and Bubba said no.........so that makes this year even more exciting.

After it is all dressed up I will take another picture for you to see.

I have a hard time choosing my tree. Bubba kind of hurries me and I have to make my decision quickly. Immediately after I make the final decision I start to doubt myself and to think, "O, if I had just looked a little longer I would have found a better tree than this one."

Now that it is in the house and standing I am sure that it is the best tree I've ever had.

Bubba made sugar water and filled the receptacle that it stands in to the top. I hope it stays fresh and green for the whole month.

There is a little book that I dearly love......."The Life of God in the Soul of Man." It was written by a man named Henry Scougal in 1667. The depth of the knowledge of the truth about what God does in the heart of a true believer contained in this book changed my life.

Think about what Jesus did when he came to this earth and rejoice in this knowledge. Because of Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection, we who believe are given a new heart filled with the Spirit of God. We are made whole again, we are made righteous, we are accepted and adopted by God Himself to spend eternity with Him.

Celebrate Christmas? Yes
Enjoy the season? Yes

But......celebrate what Jesus did by coming to this earth every day of your life. It is the only thing that matters when your car runs off the road on a rainy Sunday night and hits a tree and you die instantly like an acquaintance of mine did last night.

Cathy

No comments: