Wednesday, December 17, 2008

fresh cut pine


First of all I would like to say that it is December 17th and our air-conditioner is on.
Bubba was in the kitchen making two rounds of sausage cheese balls and he starting getting really hot. There was nothing else for me to do but try to cool him off because he was doing such a good job and working so hard.
We are having very warm, almost 80 degree days.
Tomorrow night he will make thousands of Swedish meatballs. All of this is for our Christmas Eve party next Wednesday night.
Christmas preparations are always so much fun. I love to decorate the house and get everything looking real Christmasy. Today I was out in the field by our house cutting fresh pine boughs. I brought them in and "decked the halls."
Above is my mantle.........everything is real. I love it.
Amanda was taken to tea at the Williamsburg Inn today. This is very special and it is only done two days a year during the Christmas season. The pastry chef who worked at the White House for many years works at the Inn now.
There were sixty quests and everyone had a gingerbread house to decorate. She won the contest for the best looking house, but didn't get a prize. That's okay.....she said it was one of the most fun things she has ever done.
Our house will be full again next week. This is my joy to be able to gather with family at this very special time of year. It is a time when everyone can relax and enjoy being together.
Thank you Lord for the blessing of Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thousands? and Redbugs (Chiggers)

Anonymous said...

1....It seems like thousands when you are making them. Actually there are about 200.

2....Are you suggesting that I have gotten chiggers on my person by going out in the field to cut pine boughs?