Sunday, December 21, 2008

running on adrenalin

I know that what I am doing is not healthy for my body.

Every morning I pop awake anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30 am.
My mind starts thinking about all I have to do.
I try to go back to sleep, but usually fail.
So......I get up and hit the ground running.....
racing against the clock to do all I can possibly do before turning out the light at 9:00pm.

I love to read before falling asleep, but I can barely get through one or at the most two pages before my body is shutting down......sleep comes very fast and is deep until.......4:30 to 5:30 the next morning.

One good thing about this is that I get to have wonderful quiet times with the Lord. When I get up I am fully awake and ready to start my day.

This happens to me every Christmas......

I was mortified in church today when my body relaxed and wanted to nod off to sleep. The sermon was engrossing but at one point I caught myself drifting off as my body stayed still and slowly relaxed.

A big blessing came when Bubba agreed to allow a wonderful cleaning lady to come get my house sparkling tomorrow afternoon. This is a real luxury for me and I am thankful.

The first of our guests will arrive tomorrow night. I pray for God to give them all traveling mercy and that everyone will stay well for our Christmas celebration.

One more thing before I go to bed......Today was Estelle's birthday. We had lunch at Rita and Mitch's house. All was lovely. I took lots of pictures. When I went to put them on the computer tonight I realized that the sym card which records the pics was not in my camera.............so, no pictures.

I say that to say this: Watch me. I know from previous experience that there will come a day real soon when I will lose all of my steam and will need to sleep......I hope I have enough adrenalin left for one more week.....

Cathy

No comments: