Sunday, December 7, 2008

my treasure Thou art

In the midst of the sufferings of this life I am reminded of God's love and I have hope.

Bubba is ordering me a book by John Calvin on suffering so that I can better understand what God wants me to learn through this trial with my family which is worsening with each passing day.

Suffering is a big part of a true believer's life. I want to do it well. I want to grow from it. May it not be endured in vain.

Help me by praying that God will bring glory to Himself through this situation

"Riches I heed not,
nor men's empty praise -
Thou my inheritence,
now and always;
Thou and Thou only,
first in my heart -
High King of Heaven,
My treasure Thou art."

from the fourth verse of the hymn "Be Thou My Vision."

HIGH KING OF HEAVEN, MY TREASURE THOU ART.

When God is your greatest treasure, you already have everything.

Praise God for letting me know Him....Cathy

No comments: