Saturday, December 20, 2008

test the candles night

Tonight has officially been declared "test the candles night." If you look closely at the picture you will see that one of the candles is not working properly and will need to be attended to. It is a very old candle that I have tried to coax new life into and have failed.

Christmas time is synonymous in my home with "burn a lot of candles."

Looking ahead to Christmas Day, my favorite accuweather forecast has revealed that we will not be having a white Christmas this year. I was still holding out hope, but it just doesn't look like it is going to happen. That is why I burn candles.

It will be too warm even for my poor little fake logs with a house full of people breathing on Christmas Eve, so I will warm up the house with candles.

I discovered tonight during my testing period that so many candles burning at one time make the house oppresively hot.........all of the fans have been turned on and windows and doors are open. Anything for fire burning in the house.

Whoever said that this was to be the coldest winter on record didn't check us out down here in the deep south. People were sunning by the pool yesterday at the beach.

There is an important message in the photo above.

"For unto us a child is born." Jesus, the Son of God was born in Bethlehem.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

The best news that you will ever hear!!!

No comments: