Thursday, December 11, 2008

thoroughly delightful it was

Bubba dropped me off at Lenox mall at 9:30 this morning....just me and my purse.

A whole day at my favorite mall....what a delight.
Christmas shopping was only one part of the fun of this day.

Several years ago some of my Atlanta friends introduced me to the Neiman Marcus Cafe.
Now I don't ever "shop" in Neimans's because it is ridiculously expensive and overly haughty.
But their cafe is a different story.

At about 10:30 this morning I started having one of my famous "sinking spells," and I knew I needed to eat soon. I bet you can guess where I went and I was there when they opened.

Noticing right away that they had expanded and redecorated, I surmised there would be new menus. Sure enough what I go there to eat had gone up three dollars.

I was drawn to the she-crab soup and that is what I ordered. Now I have to tell you, that was the most delicious crab soup that has ever made it's way into my mouth. Along with the hot pop-over served with fresh strawberry butter, I felt transported to realms of delight.

As you can see I love to eat and I love even more to stumble on something quite gourmet. Big lumps of fresh crab meat were abundantly floating around in my soup tureen.

Upon leaving I ordered one of their "everything" cookies for my next sinking spell which happens somewhere between two and three.

One of my favorite stores is "Shabby Chic." I just walk in that place and feel like I have come home. It is me, totally me. My other favorites are Bloomindales and Anthropology.

I like Bloomingdales because they have great sales and today was an additional 40% off of already marked down items, and then another 20%, and another 15%. I wish I could tell you what I was able to buy for such ridicoulous prices, but I would ruin someone's Christmas surprise.

We still believes in Santa, you know.....

Bubba found me at 2:30 at the Starbucks in the center of the mall eating my cookie and drinking an eggnog latte surrounded by shopping bags that I could no longer carry. What a nice way to end this fun day. Bubba took all those bags to the car and gave me one more hour to shop.

We arrived home at 8:00 with our heads full of beautiful Christmas music and very tired bodies, but oh, it was so much fun.

Maybe you can come with me one day.....c

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love the Neiman Marcus Cafe! Now you have me craving one of those Everything Cookies! YUM!!