Wednesday, December 10, 2008

posting from Atlanta

This morning we got up early and headed for our former home, Atlanta, Georgia.
It is always very exciting for me to have the opportunity to head west on I-16 and return.

The rain found us when we hit the outskirts of the city.............and it hasn't stopped since.

Of course the rain doesn't fall inside of Perimeter Mall and it didn't dampen my pleasure at all.
I came up to Christmas shop and that I did. I shopped until I grew tired and couldn't carry my packages anymore. I was going back tonight, but Bubba said I should rest so that I can shop again tomorrow. Nice man, huh?

So here I am writing this blog.

We are staying a Hampton Inn and they have those wonferfully comfy beds so I am looking forward to sleeping tonight.......I look forward to sleeping every night, but this is more fun.

I saw an Einstein bagel shop across the street just now as we were coming back to the hotel. Maybe we can go there for breakfast in the morning. I sure do like their bagels.

Tomorrow Bubba will drop me off at Lenox Mall and he will go to a Christmas party for the office where he worked before retirement........after stretching that out as long as I can, we will head for home.

It is good to get away if only for a couple of days.

I will tell Amanda that I got her gifts today. What a sale I ran into! Much off!!! I know that this will make her day.

Mark and Amanda's church in Lanexa is doing a drive thru nativity this week. It has been very successful and lots of fun.

I am celebrating that Jesus came to this earth as a tiny little baby just like the Bible says. I celebrate the coming of Jesus every day when I thank Him for my salvation. Let's celebrate together!!!!

i love you, c

1 comment:

amanda h said...

Yeah! I am glad you got the most important gifts taken care of!! Have fun shopping today!