Sunday, November 30, 2008

as we say good-bye to november

I have some very beautiful Christmas music playing in my house.
That music stirs my soul for the sights and sounds of Christmas.

Before we leave November behind I want to touch on thankfulness once again.
I write a portion of the Psalms out every morning (much to my delight) and I am amazed at how many verses are devoted to being thankful. Here is a small sampling..............

"Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart."

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting."

"Open to me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to the Lord."

"I shall give thanks to Thee, for Thou hast answered me; and Thou hast become my salvation."

"Thou art my God, and I give thanks to Thee."

"Save us O Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, to give thanks to Thy holy name."

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men!"

When we examine in God's word who He is and what He has done for us, our response should be to fall down and worship Him and give thanks to His holy name every day for the whole of our lives.

Being faithful to give thanks in all things brings the good blessing of joy and peace in our hearts & minds.

My nap today was a three hour one. I finally crashed hard after all of the festivities of the holiday.

The boat parade last night was awesome. It was raining a little, but that didn't matter. After the parade there were fireworks, but they fizzled in the rain. Next year we want to decorate Frankie's boat and be in the parade. What do you think?

goodbye.....c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all sometimes forget to follow the main message of these verses.
Always, GIVE THANKS.