Saturday, November 15, 2008

somewhere.......

Somewhere beyond the sea,
Somewhere waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing......

Its far beyond the stars,
Its near beyond the moon,
I know beyond a doubt,
My heart will lead me there soon.

Yesterday, on one of our car rides, Jake, in the backseat started belting out this song in the clearest, sweetest voice I have ever heard.

I turned around in amazement and he asked me to join him in song. I told him that I didn't know all of the lyrics. Today I looked them up so that we can sing together.

This is a fitting song for a grammie and her grandson to sing together because we both love the beach and the night sky so much.

Jake and Eli have the stars and the moon on their ceiling that we ouh and ah over every night at bedtime.

The magic is seeing it all again through the eyes of a child. I wouldn't miss this for the world!!!

grammie

Hi Lucy and Harry................I miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jake has inherited his
Mother's talent for singing, would
love to hear him doing this song.

Anonymous said...

This is the song that plays while the credits run at the end of "Finding Nemo" the movie which they watch all the time.....that is why jake knows the song by memory.