Wednesday, November 5, 2008

two bad days.........

I have been trying to get a colonoscopy done for years. Every time, as the calendar inched closer to the set date, I would call the office and cancel.

Once I turned sixty, the doctors started hounding me....."Cathy, you need to get this done." I even tried to cancel the one set for today, but they wouldn't let me. So I said to myself, You, silly girl, can do this.

Yesterday was my preparation day and it was also election day. We were at the polls before seven and waited in line for two hours to vote. By the time we got home it was time to "drink the juice" and become good friends with the "potty chair."

I was a good girl too. All I had in the way of nourishment was some orange Gatorade.

Last night when it became evident that McCain was not going to win I told Bubba, " I am going to bed. I am too hungry and miserable to be awake. These election results are depressing." So off I went.

I got up at 4:00 AM this morning, came to my computer, and saw the results.....not good.

I was at my appointment ahead of time
They called me back
They did their prep work
They rolled me back
They put me out like a light

When I came to I was out in recovery being told that they were not able to do the procedure. They tried twice, but my heart rate dropped dangerously low.

So...............I went through everything and didn't get my colonoscopy done. I've been sleeping it off all afternoon.

They want me to go to the hospital in a couple of weeks and drink two ounces of castor oil and have an x-ray made. Just between you and me, I can't see that ever happening. Notice the change in the amount of castor oil. I heard 2 cups in my la la land state.

All of this and our man didn't win.

Two bad days.......but getting better. Murmuring and grumbling and complaining doesn't help a bit. I have things to do and places to be.....

God is still in control and that is all that matters!

Don't let this keep you from getting "the test."

Cathy

No comments: