Friday, November 21, 2008

she's a big one

We bought our turkey to fry today. She weighed in at twenty-two pounds and counting.
She is a big, bouncing Butterball. My taste buds are already craving the taste.

I am starting to plan and prepare for this Thanksgiving. The number of guests keep changing, but that is okay. There will be plenty of food for everyone. If fact, if you don't have a place to go, come eat with us.

Yesterday I went to Jacksonville, Florida with David, Erika, and Lucy. Bubba stayed home and kept Harry. We went to shop and to eat at PF Changs. The truth is that their are some of us who can only go so long before we have to have their food. We have all been PFC deprived since we moved back to Savannah.

We ate outside and went ahead and ordered everything we love:

crab wontons with plum sauce
spring rolls
crispy fried noodles with sweet and sour sauce
garlic noodles
kung fu shrimp
spicy chicken
brown rice
and yes, the fortune cookies

Here is mine....."every person is the architect of his or her own fortune." This is not true as God is the one who ordains and orchestrates our lives. Fortune cookies are fun, but rarely reliable.

Oh my goodness, it was so good. I will not want it again for a while, but when I do it is only 2 1/2 hours away.

The shopping area was wonderful. On the way home Lucy conked out and when she woke up we sang nursery rhymes all the way back to Savannah.

I want everyone to be working on their thankful list all the way up to Thanksgiving. Of course we should do this every day of our lives, but Thanksgiving is a special time to start a list.

And if you will, let me know what you are thankful for...........

Give thanks with a grateful heart. Everything we have comes from God.

Cathy

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love St. Johns Town Center...It's a/b the only thing that I love a/b J'ville besides of course my fam! Glad you had fun. I'll be there on Wednesday & Friday checking out the specials!!

Anonymous said...

That is one big bird, hope he fits in the pot!!!!!
Looking forward to lots of fun.