Sunday, November 23, 2008

lucy in amanda's dress

She spent the night with us last night.
She and I sat in the big chair under a blanket and watched Winnie the Pooh.
She moved her chair close to mine so we could eat breakfast together. (literally)
She took her bath in grammie's big tub this morning.
She wore amanda's dress to church. (Amanda wore this dress when she was little)
I had to chase her to get this picture.
Thank you God for this precious child to love.

Getting ready for a large feast in one's home involves a lot of preparation.

While in Wal Mart on Friday I made an impulse buy....a Shark steam-cleaner for the floor. Erika put that thing together and steam-cleaned all of the hardwood floors for me yesterday. She also vacumned the stairs going up to the "man cave." What a nice thing to do! I am thankful for you.

Tonight I have poured over my recipes for all of the things that go with a Thanksgiving feast.
Bubba, who does most of the grocery shopping nowadays will bring home the things I have written down. He also chops onion and celery like a pro. On top of that he will fry up the big turkey and cook up a big pot of turnip greens and ribs. All of this will be done on outside cookers.

I have ironed the table linens and dusted the furniture and have cleaned the bathrooms so that all guests will think I keep my house this clean and orderly all of the time.

Wednesday I will cook all day and have my casseroles ready to slip in the oven on Thursday morning.

I think Thanksgiving is a labor of love and I am thankful to be back with my family in Savannah in a house that will accomodate anyone who would like to come.

It is our joy to open our home....may God bless all who enter to share our fellowship and blessings.

Thanking God in everything.....Cathy

No comments: