Wednesday, April 21, 2010

be satisfied

If you find yourself struggling this morning as I do I say
"run to Him."

I am always amazed at the random ways that my God shows me things.
Bubba was reading a book by ML Jones....."Life in Christ" on our trip.
He read a short passage to me and it sparked my interest.
While he was out Monday morning I picked it up and started to read.
Before I knew it I was into the third chapter.

I will share what He said to me.....

"to have full and lasting joy our

intellect
emotions ~ all three of these must be satisfied together at the same time.
desires

My intellect, my emotions, and my mind must be SATISFIED together by Jesus.

Desires......There are things that I can do that will satisfy my desires, but my mind and my conscience condemn me; there is pleasure for the time being, but there is no joy."

The only way to have true and lasting joy is in and through Jesus Christ.

We cannot attain to this kind of joy in our humanity.
God, through His spirit, does this work in our intellect, emotions, desires,
as we spend time in His word and in prayer......
abiding in Him, trusting Him, loving Him with all of our heart.

Praise God for this teaching at this time.

cathy

2 comments:

Allison said...

I definitely needed to read that...this has been a rough little week for me and that just spoke volumes to my wounded soul

Cathy Cleland said...

Allison,
Sometimes while writing this blog I reach a low time....thinking for various reasons that I should stop with it.
Your message has inspired me.
I have to go back to the reason I started this post in the beginning...to encourage people to read and love God's word.
May god bless you in your struggles with satifaction in Him.
Thank you for commenting today. I needed it more than you will ever know....
love, cathy