Friday, April 23, 2010

lunch with Lucy

She was ready when I arrived this morning......
just bathed and in a brand new sundress.

Just a few thoughts....
Our first stop to was visit Papa....her great-grandfather.
She has a caring heart and is faithful to visit her "people."
She had also made a beautiful card to be taken to Aunt Dottie.

Next stop was the cemetery to water the beautiful geranium on my mom's grave.
The concept of the whole cemetery thing was over her head...no questions were asked.
She happily helped me with the task and we drove away.

Lunch was next and we decided on Johnny Harris.
She asked two questions:

Can we get some bread and cheese spread and
"Where is Glendora?"
She is our much loved waitress.

We ordered the chicken salad which comes with tons of fruit and yummy things.
She ate almost the whole loaf and took a piece to the car to finish with her lemonade.

Last stop was Target to buy pillows for the condo.
On the way there I honked at someone and she said, Grammie, Why did you honk?'
I didn't have a good answer.
Why do they have to call you on everything?

We were getting in the car to come home when it happened.
She was walking on the curbing while I was loading the car and down she went.
Both knees hit the pavement with a thud.
She started wailing at the top on her lungs.
I tried to comfort but all she wanted was band aides.

In case you didn't know, band aides heal everything.
She stopped crying immediately.

Oh, I forgot the best part of the day.
While we were coloring and waiting for our lunch she looked at me and said,
"Grammie I love you."

nothing else compares.

Off to eat crablegs with Bubba at a place called Charleys at the beach.
We are celebrating our anniversary about two weeks late.

lovely evening to you....
cathy

1 comment:

Allison said...

How beautiful is this post!!! What a darling little girl!!! I love how eloquently you write and this post is a terrific example :)