Friday, April 16, 2010

this weekend

we are in Greenville, SC.

We are here to take part in the reunion of Dad's friends from WW II.
Gathering with this group has been a destination for us for about 30 years...
The first being in Vail, Colorado in the late seventies.

The group keeps getting smaller as the veterans and their wives pass away.
Many who attend now are the children and grandchildren of those who fought in Italy.

Bubba and I along with Frank and my Dad will be here until Sunday morning.

Amanda and the boys left at eight this morning and we got away at nine.
We were able to leave without a knock~down drag~out as some of you will be glad to hear.
(We do have those from time to time :)

My house was left in a complete mess.
If I die while on this trip do not hold it against me.
Enjoyed last week with my family and didn't much worry about housecleaning.

"Weeping may endure for a night.....
but joy comes in the morning." Psalm (Ican't remember the chapter and verse)

A person very dear to me once sent this verse when I was in the deepest despair.
I have held it close all these years.
c

No comments: