Sunday, September 5, 2010

inside out

In the heat of summer I very seldom wear anything but linen.
Linen is cloth made from flax that is noted for its strength, coolness, and luster.
I have accumulated quite a nice collection in basic colors.
It really does make a difference in my comfort level.

Today for church I chose a favorite beige linen dress.
I was not hurried in any way.
I chose my accessories,
fixed my hair,
put on my jewelry,
picked up my Bible,
and was out the door.

When we got home and started to change,
Bubba was looking at me curiously.
He then made this announcment;
"Cathy, you have your dress on inside out."

One time during the sermon
I looked down and thought
that the neckline looked kind of funny.
but nothing dawned on me.

Strangely Lucy, who notices everything, didn't notice.
So I sat through Sunday School and church
sporting a dress that was on backwards
and nobody said a word.

People, I need help.
If I've lost it to the point where I go to church
with my clothes on inside out,
then I've really lost it.

No comments: