Saturday, September 11, 2010

travelog

I went to Charleston, SC, on Thursday with Sandra Rushing.
It was a two day getaway with an overnight stay at her son Brant's house.
Brant was away and we had the house to ourselves.....almost.
Buck, the most beautiful and gentle golden retriever
was there to keep us company.

I fell completely in love with that dog.
He spent a lot of time staring at me.
He soon pegged both Sandra and I as pushovers.....
and after that he got got everything he wanted while we were there,
including a large bowl of peach ice cream.

We ate lunch the first day at the "Cru Cafe."
Delicious, gourmet shrimp salad
in an old restored house set the pace for the day.
After lunch we strolled the old market and did a little shopping.....
Later we checked into the handsomely appointed
"Rushing Bed and Breakfast."

After taking that all important "afternoon siesta,"
we dined at the "Waters Edge" restaurant on Shem Creek.
Settling on crab cakes and prime rib,
we ate while being amused by the passing yachts and swimming dolphins.

On Friday morning, our second day as Charleston tourists,
Sandra and I took a bus tour of the historic part of the city.
We were on the bus with a couple from London, England.....
no one else, just the four of us.

It was a very interesting ninety minutes.
My favorite part was seeing all of the gorgeous old mansions
and the secret gardens.
I love to look at architecture.
Next time I want to take the walking tour
so that I can explore all of this more thoroughly.
I would also like to go inside some of the homes.

Lunch was at Joe's Pasta.
We picked this restaurant at random and were not disappointed.
The ceasar salad was fresh and outstanding
as was the parmesan~chicken pizza.
shopping on King Street and a stop at "Cupcake"
finished our day and we headed for home.

What a nice treat.
How refreshing s few hours away can be,
especially if you share them with a friend.

See the post below to find out why I have no pictures of this trip.

cathy~tourist~friend

No comments: