Tuesday, September 14, 2010

maybe you haven't thought of this

Praying is such a blessing.
For a believer it is a lifeline
to the one we call
"Our Father who art in heaven."

But to some, prayer is difficult.
It doesn't come easy.
Sometimes it is hard to concentrate,
or you may become easily distracted.
If this is the case,
think about praying the Psalms.

For instance, today I read early that
"God is a shield to me."
I thought about that truth
many times during the day;
every time asking God
to shield my mind from
all of those intruding thoughts.

I also read this verse,
"O Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is Thy name in all the earth,
who hath displayed
Thy splendor
above the heavens."
psalm 8:1

Meditate on this truth for a while!

I love to look at the sky.
This verse reminds me that
everything up there was made by Him
and is on display for His glory and our enjoyment.
It reminds me that God is the creator
of all things on and around this earth.
This verse brings so much to mind that we can praise Him for!

Listen to this....

"When I consider Thy heavens,
the work of Thy fingers,
the moon and stars
which Thou hast ordained;

What is man,
that Thou dost take thought of him?
and the son of man that Thou dost care for him?


Yet Thou hast made him
a little lower than God,
and dost crown him
with glory and majesty.

Thou dost make him
to rule over the works of Thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet."
psalm 8: 3~6

These verses are so amazing......
What God has done for us.
Enough to thank Him for
until eternity
is right there in those few verses.

O believer, pray!!!

No comments: