Saturday, September 4, 2010

two tiny eggs


The first time I saw her she went flying out of the flowerpot.
The tiny little bird startled me as I was not expecting her.
I knew that something was tearing up my flowers,
but I had no idea that she had built a nest there.
~
By the time I noticed the perfect twin eggs,
I think moma bird had already abandoned them.
Sadly, they never hatched.
~
The flower pot was sitting on the glass table on my porch.
Why she chose that spot to build her nest I do not know.
I wish I could have done something to keep this from happening.
~
Jake, the firstborn grandson, swallowed a penny today.
What does one do for a child who swallows a penny?
Wait for nature to take its course I guess.
It would probably look pretty on a x-ray,
but there is really no reason to go to all of that trouble.
~
"Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty heavens!
Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
~
Praise Him with trumpet sound;
Praise Him with lute and harp!
Praise Him with tamborine and dance;
Praise Him with strings and pipe!
Praise Him with sounding cymbals;
Praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
~
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150
~
This is the last Psalm.
What do I do?
Go back to the first Psalm and start over again.
That's the way one gets to know God better and better.


1 comment:

Cherie said...

The penny story brought back memories of our oldest son (now now 43)who did the same thing. We immediately called the doctor who told us exactly the same thing..."just let nature take it's course". Like I said...he is now 43. :)