Tuesday, May 17, 2011

close-knit cousins

Riding along quietly in the van today......
both of us lost in a world of thought.
Out of the blue Lucy asks me this question....

"Grammy, do teeth have muscles?"
I, being quick with answers
when the question is easy,
promptly said, "No."

This question came tumbling out next....
"Are your teeth stronger than your tongue?"
I walked her through that with some examples.

Lucy likes to eat steak.
I made the point that
she couldn't eat her steak with her tongue,
thus answering the second question
with a resounding "Yes."

Then came the third question...
all very very serious....
"Is the top row of teeth the same as the bottom row?"

That's how they learn...
one question at a time.
I love it!

I can't know for sure
because you never know what tomorrow will bring,
but I am hoping for a stay at home,
never leave the house kind of day.
I can't recall the last one of those I've had.

I'm gonna clean my house
and do some laundry
and make something wonderful for supper.
I thank God for my
home,
and my chores,
and my love of all things domestic.

As an aside.....
when I mention "pork chop casserole"
Bubba would go out and buy me the moon.
cathy

No comments: