Sunday, May 8, 2011

"let her who bore you rejoice."

To be a mother
is the greatest calling of womanhood.
When they placed David & Amanda
in my arms for the first time,
I never fully got over it.
I still am in awe that God
would give me such a gift....
would trust me with these children.....
who have grown to adulthood serving Him.

I love to read the biblical account of mothers....
how God chose Mary to be the mother of our Lord Jesus.
She was just a young girl,
but God knew her heart,
that it would obey.
God also knew the sorrow that lay ahead for her.
He knew she would bear it well
because she learned to trust fully in Him.

New mothers,
young moms,
and those who hope to be moms soon,
listen up.....

Invest your life into your children.
Most importantly....
Teach them to love the Lord Jesus Christ.
Lead by example,
Love their father, your husband,
and always respect him.
May they see you much in His word and in prayer.....
giving yourself in service and love for others.

I truly "rejoice" in you David and Amanda.
You couldn't be more of a joy to me than you already are.
mom

PS That verse in the heading is found in Proverbs 23:25.

PSS Amanda is coming by this coming weekend.
I will post a picture with her then.

No comments: