Thursday, May 19, 2011

"wait for the Lord"

On Tuesday night in my writings
I hoped for a productive day yesterday.
It didn't turn out that way.
Almost from the time I arose
my heart and my mind were in turmoil....
my word here,
his word there,
and the day is ruined,
beyond retrieving.

While pulling dinner together
last evening still in a sorry state,
the phone rang.
Out of the blue and just like that,
God delivered us from a situation
that had been going on for over a year....
a situation that at one point
had seemed to us utterly hopeless.

All of a sudden
being cross
with each other
seemed ridiculous
in light of what God had just done.

Out of a terrible day
came an amazing blessing from God
that resulted in
reconciliation,
prayer,
and praise,
and an ice-creme cone at Chick-Fil-A.

"I would have despaired
unless I had believed
that I would see
the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord;
be strong
and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27: 13&14

No comments: