Wednesday, May 11, 2011

too much sun

Erika and I took Lucy and Harry to the beach today.
We had fun swimming and eating out by the pools.
As of right now I will say for sure....
I got too much sun as evidenced by
redness,
achiness,
tiredness.
Hopefully,by tomorrow,
all of these symptoms will disappear.

Black Linen Napkins
I have had them for a long time....
they had never been used.
For some reason,
I decided to use them for
our Mother's Day dinner on Sunday.
As the meal progressed,
all of us became covered by black residue.
At first Erika thought the kids
had come from church filthy,
but soon all of us had black hands and faces.
After much laughing, we put the linen napkins aside
and just used paper.
I threw the black napkins in the laundry room
to be washed at a later time.

Today
Time to wash the napkins.
They went through the wash cycle
and I threw them in the dryer with the other darks.
Let me tell you...
during that time they completely disentergrated.
The black mess in the dryer was indescribable.
It took me over an hour to clean it up.
I had just gotten home from the beach
and let me tell you,
that was not what I wanted to be doing.

Bubba said this to me later....

"Cathy, you can get yourself into some of the worst fixes."
I thanked him for stating the obvious.

No comments: