Monday, September 19, 2011

friends from my calvary days

That would be
Nacy Fountain Barber
yours truly
&
Beverly Thompson Hathaway.

Beverly and I
 drove down to Brunswick, Georgia,
to meet up with Nancy
who was vacationing in Fernandina, Florida.

I chose the restaurant
where we were to meet
 off of the internet,
sight unseen. 
It sounded great....
The Lemon Pepper Grill. 
Sent everyone directions
to meet there at 11:30.

Always
wanting to try something new & different,
I was very proud of my selection. 
Well,
you know,
 the Bible says
"Pride cometh before the fall."
There was no Lemon Pepper Grill on Newcastle Street,
and no one had ever heard of such a place.
So much for my very cool selection.

Thankfully,
we met up with Nancy,
  quickly decided to have chicken salad on bagels,
and proceeded to enjoy
a 2.5 hour lunch
consisting of non-stop catching up of the last 40 years.

What a joy!
Nancy was delightful
and
Bev & I got all caught up on the drive to and fro.

Plus,
I found a wonderful store
that I just have to get back to.

I thank God for all my friends,
because friends are wonderful,
life-long blessings.
cathy

No comments: