Friday, September 9, 2011

tire swing fun

Some things about God....

"For His eyes are upon the ways of a man,
And He sees all his steps.
Job 34:21

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,
declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55: 8&9

When what is going on in the world
doesn't make sense to me anymore
(which is almost all the time),
I quote the above verse from memory
and it puts everything in perspective.
God is sovereign (He is in control).
He has had a plan from the beginning of time
and we are just living in this part of His plan.
We can rest in Him...
We can completely trust the
great God
who made heaven
and earth
and all that there is therein.

"I, even I,
am He who comforts you."
Isaiah 51:12

"Turn to Me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth:
For I am God and there is no other."
Isaiah: 45:22

I was going to skip all over the Bible
and write verses about our God,
but I got stuck in Isaiah.

What four great truths
to take to your sleep tonight.

No comments: