Saturday, September 3, 2011

"who, being loved, is poor?"

Bubba
took this picture
while we were on the beach last night.

Sometimes,
throughout our marriage,
I ask him to answer this question....
"Why did you want to marry me?"
Consistently,
and without fail
he has always given the same answer.

"I married you because of your great personality."
Even now,
after forty-one years,
I still can't figure that out.

I have an idea
that
it is because I make him laugh.

Last night,
 coming home from the beach,
he decided
that he needed to add some
KK doughnuts
on top of the crab legs he had eaten earlier.
I protested,
he prevailed.

After that purchase was made,
I preceded to busy myself
with cleaning the sand off of my sandals
 and putting them back on my feet. 
He was telling a long tale
and I had my head
in the foot of the car
too long for him.

He asked what I was doing
and
when I came up,
I had put my shoes on the wrong feet.
They looked riduculous and we both burst out laughing.

Maybe
that IS why he likes my personality.
Who knows?

cathy

No comments: