Tuesday, January 17, 2012

blushing brides

This is a follow-up to the blog last night.
My friend Lou emailed this picture after reading. 
She said to me...
"The ruffled runner looks like a mighty nice piece for a wedding ensemble."
I replied...
love, love love!

What a friend!
What precious memories came rolling over me last night.

Lou lived on my street up on the hill.
As children,
we adorned ourselves as brides and got married over and over again.
Ascending the long steps to her front door,
greeting our make believe husbands,
we played and dreamed,
never tiring.
Our "ensembles" were lavish
We truly thought we were beautiful.
We even got our moms involved.
Oh it was so wonderful!

Friend,
I loved sharing my childhood with you!
No two ever played better,
 because in our minds all that we did was real.

I cherish this picture and your friendship.
Cathy

No comments: