Sunday, January 22, 2012

curl up in this

I like nothing better
 than to take a rest
 with this wonderful silk quilt
curled around my body.
This quilt graced the bed of Bubba's mother and father. 
It is very small...
I don't know how they both fit under.
It is soft and warm and very silky and I love it.
I am always amazed at the things I get attached to.

As I read the Psalms in the Bible
 I also write them in my little notebook. 
Lately, 
I have been struck by how many times I write the word
lovingkindness
in relation to God Himself.

What is His lovingkindness?
Why it it referred to again and again in His writings to us?

"Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, I shall praise Thee"
Psalm 63:3

"God's lovingkindness is His mercy;  
and God's mercy is that He is from everlasting to everlasting
filled with the desire to make His people happy.
God knows that His people are temporarily in misery,
and this lovingkindness of God is to bring His people out of that misery
and to lift them up to the highest glory.

It is that will of God to bless
that becomes manifest in the death and resurrection of Christ,
as Peter expresses it in I Peter 1:3....
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
which according to His great mercy (lovingkindness)
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 
That will to bless His people is God's mercy."
Herman Hoeksema

The lovingkindness of God...
His desire to bless His people,
to lift them up to the highest glory,
attained through the death and resurrection of His son Jesus.
Meditate on that!

I will ever Praise His name!

No comments: