Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's the children

My newest frame...
filled with my grand babies.
Someone said this to me recently,
"It seems that you always have such fun at your house."
(thanks Alli)
My response was.
"It's the children."
They make life wonderful,
they keep me young at heart,
they teach me new things,
and they keep me humble.

Lucy told me this the other day....
she had read it in a book with her mom...
"Grammy,
have your teeth rotted out yet?"
Supposedly,
according to the book,
the rotting process starts in a person just a little older than me.

"Let Christian boys and girls
 ponder these things well
and take example from the conduct of
Jesus at age twelve....

Let them remember,
that if they are old enough to do wrong,
they are old enough to do right.

Let them also remember
that if they are old enough to read story books and to talk,
they are also able to
read their Bibles and pray.

Let them remember
 that they are accountable to God,
even while they are yet young,
and that
 'God heard the voice of a lad.' 
Genesis 21:17

Happy
are those families whose children
seek the Lord early
and cost their parents no tears.

Happy
are those parents
who can say of their boys and girls when absent from them,
'I can trust my children
 that they will not willfully run into sin.' "

JC Ryle

Well said...
well written.
I concur and can add nothing to.
cathy

2 comments:

Allison Stroud said...

:) I always enjoy talking with you! And I need to go and read JC Ryle! He sounds wonderful!!

Cathy Cleland said...

Yes....He is a very wise man with geat insights into His word. Thanks for taking time to meet me at starbucks for some deliciousness!