Saturday, January 5, 2013

#2 ~ 2012


Just some more pictures of our year.
I always include a wedding picture
 because that is when this wild and wonderful life began.

some things....
Precious little Harry has joined the sick list in our family.
Along with Jake and Eli,
they are all suffering the effects of the dreaded flu.
Lucy has finally weathered her bout,
and has joined the land of the living once more.
We are hopeful that Gus has very good immunities.

Yesterday I fell again.
Rising very early in the morning,
whilst it was still dark,
I tried to cram both of my legs into one leg hole.
In the process of trying to untangle myself from the mess,
I fell backward into the bathroom
and landed loudly on the cold, hard, tile floor.
Bubba heard the crash and came running in to rescue me.
Seeing no blood
 and feeling no broken bone sticking out,
I assumed the duties set before me for the day.
Today I am sore, very.
I think I may need a neck brace.
The word "fall" has taken on a new meaning in this house.

My tree is still up.
I can't bear to part with it.
I'll be like Jake and break into sobs when it has to go away.
Every morning when I read my bible and pray,
I turn it on...
call it "my tree time."
It still looks great and is not shedding at all.

God is so good to us, isn't He?

No comments: