Saturday, January 19, 2013

blessings


What can I say?

Daddy made it home alive from World War II
and these are the blessings of our life.

This past week has been an amazing, sad, wonderful time.
So many emotions to sort through.
I cannot even begin to process
 the love and concern 
that was shown to our family in these last days.

Since I awoke to the news of dad's death over a week ago now,
You, all of you,
have blessed us in so many abundant ways.
I have never felt so loved in all of my life.

My sister and Anna left this morning going
back home to California.
Davis & Erika joined us for soup and cornbread tonight.
We needed to sit and talk
and  remember all the ways we were blessed.

Tomorrow we worship again...
David is preaching on heaven....come join us if you will.

Just a short note on the previous blog.....
Dad trained with the ski troops out near Vail, Colorado.
The men learned to soldier out in the valley at a place called
Camp Hale.
In latter years 
all of us would join together for big reunions of those who fought in the 
Tenth Mountain Division.
The last reunion that they ever had
was entitled
Hale and Farewell.
Hence the title of my blog on the day we buried our dad.

Thanks everybody...
I love you!
cathy

No comments: