Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ring around the moon


Last night there was a giant ring or halo around the moon.
It was directly overhead.
When I saw this sight it took my breath away
I love the things God does in the sky to show His glory!

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament shows His handiwork."
Psalm 19:1

What a glorious and creative God we serve. 
He shows Himself everywhere and we are without excuse.

Too cold to go down on the beach this afternoon.
The wind was blowing and the waves were kicking up a fuss.
Bubba drove me down...
he knows how being near the ocean soothes my soul
and calms my spirit.
Just sat for a while and let its beauty wash over me.

One word on yesterday's blog about sin.
I don't think we take sin seriously.
Personally,
it wasn't until I saw the gravity of my own sin,
that I realized the magnitude of what Jesus did for me at Calvary.
What He took upon Himself on my behalf....
I cannot even fathom.
I am humbled and grateful before Him.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be steadfast, immovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."
I Corinthians 15:58

Loved that ring around the moon!


























No comments: