Monday, January 21, 2013

the entanglement of sin.....


or...why we need a Savior.

I snapped this picture while on the beach last week....
dead winter, but 77 degrees of warmth.
Didn't think to much about it until I was looking at my pictures just now.
This thought jumped out at me.....
This tree,
washed ashore on the north end of Tybee,
reminds me of my heart.

"Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth 
and that every intent of the thoughts of His heart 
was only evil continually."
Genesis 6:5

Even though this verse describes God's thoughts
 toward man right before the flood,
 not much has changed in all these generations of hearts.  
That verse still describes us perfectly.

Some would say.....
"Yes, that perfectly describes the heart of the man 
who shot and killed 
26 people in Connecticut recently."
  You would be right to think that.
 but wait.....it perfectly describes our hearts as well.

I can hardly get through my prayer time
 without some sinful thought manifesting itself.
I am constantly fighting sin in every area of my life.
Sin is like the picture above,
it winds and snakes its way around every area of my life.
I could sit and list every sin in God's word.....
every one of them
 I am capable of committing.

God sent Jesus into this world to pay the price
for our sins.
He suffered and died so that we could be reconciled back to
 a right relationship with God....

Sin will be with me until the day I die,
I will fight on to be able to live righteously before Him
in these the "last days."

Thank you Lord for having great mercy on my sinful heart.


1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

once again, I read this exactly when I needed it. Thank you.