Tuesday, January 8, 2013

collage # 3 ~ the last ~ 2012

I love these pictures...
just our family ~ having fun.
We are going and doing constantly.
Nothing extravagant or expensive....
mostly close to home,
but always so much laughter and happiness going on.
I love my life 
and I am exceedingly thankful and blessed beyond measure.

In spite of sickness and nursing homes and hospitals,
because the Lord's mercies never fail,
because He has given us abundant life in His Son,
everything we do is a celebration
of His goodness.

So much of my life centers around the beach,
my great love.
Many impromptu trips take place there
 where the ocean meets the sand.
"Wanna ride down to the beach?"
You bet I do!!!

Bubba asked me to marry him down at Tybee beach.
It was the day after Christmas, 1968.
We were sitting in the car looking out at the ocean.
What a way to plan the start of 
the rest of our lives!

The smiling faces of my grand babies say everything there is to say.
Whether they are snaggle toothed
just getting teeth, 
or have a mouth full of teeth...
these are the days,
these are the smiles that make my life so full of joy.

Friday night Lu and I are having a pajama party down at the condo.
It is going to be 80 degrees.
Can't wait for all the fun.
Have to stop and buy a kite and hope for a breeze.
The sand may even be warm enough to go barefoot.
Thank you Lord!

No comments: